Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What's in the name!?




"Change is the only constant thing in life" 

Perhaps, Marriage is my biggest proof to back up this statement. For those married and reading this, know exactly what I mean! And for those who haven't taken the plunge yet, all I can say is wait and watch:P

When I took a dive into the pool of this M world, I knew one thing certain enough to change was my last name. But this was the kinda change that I had happily accepted.  Though my passport and other legal documents took a while for the name change, my social media profiles were already celebrating the change! 

I've had repeated discussions with my girl friends about the whole "name change game". To do or not to? What's right and what doesn't feel right? While some chose to stick to their maiden name, few others talked about opting for the "Aishwarya Rai Bachhan" approach.
There isn't anything right or wrong about choosing what to do, and I believe it's purely a matter of personal choice. 

Personally for me, name changed or not, Marriage is a bigger change than that. The tag that follows with your name shouldn't be defining the person we are. A change in the last name can neither steal your identity, nor deprive you of the love of your parents. 

After all if there is anything I would want people to know me for, it would rather be for the person I am than a name changed or unchanged! 


1 comment:

  1. I heard life experiences a big change after marriage, it seems right with your post Sonal :) Name changing is completely personal, but the homely love remains same. Nice post :):)

    ReplyDelete