Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Monsoon, come soon!



Last night I practically woke up in the middle of the night thinking it was raining so hard that the roof above me had leaked, as droplets of water soaked my eyes. Turns out it wasn't the rain or the roof leak that had caused it. The damn air conditioner situated right above the bed was leaking and targeting exactly my eye. Annoyed that my sleep was disrupted and lazy to find the remote by myself, I asked dear husband to grab the remote and shut that water leaking device off! Hoping to catch up on my remaining sleep.

I'de been crazy enough to think that the heavy rain was responsible for all the inconvenience  in the middle of the night. But how I also wish that it was true. 

Irony is that while news channels and newspapers talk about floods in other parts of India. Staying here in Maharashtra, I feel we have skipped the monsoon season all together and continued the summer! 

My evening chai misses the company of deep fried onion pakoras, the garden outside is waiting for the early morning dew, and certainty we all can't wait to smell gilli mitti ki Khushboo. Oh dear monsoon.. It's September already, please come soon. 

2 comments: